Valencia College Professor Perez Humanities Courses
The Overall Objective of the Humanities Courses:
A general introduction to Western Humanities courses attempts to answer many questions, (but not limited to).
- How did the Prehistoric Culture (Mesopotamia, Egyptians, and Aegean's) leave behind a legacy?
- When did the Age of Faith (Judeo-Christian and Islam) dominate humanity?
- How did the Medieval World survive the Black Plague? (Will we survive our COVID plague?
- Was the Renaissance the first revelation in identity discovery and social norms?
- Did the Scientific Revolution destroy the Age of Faith and birth the Age of Reason?
- The Romantic Spirit and the Age of Revolution inspire a gender revolution?
- Did the World Wars and Rise of Postmodernism change our understanding of central concepts of philosophy, architecture, music, religions, and art?