Fin De Siècle
Fin De Siècle Objectives
The 20th Century begins with the Fin de Siècle era and searches for our personal connection to it. The Fin de Siècle era rejects the norm, establishes new roles for both men and women, and reaches for the stars in spite of itself.
What's the Latest??
More to come
Thinking about our Fin de Siècle keywords
- The Age of Metanoia: Moment you realize everything you understood to be true is wrong. (James)
- Cognizance: Understanding the Scope of what 'can be' perceived (Freud)
- Autonomy: Freedom from outside control or influence (Nietzsche)
- Doxastic Voluntarism: The idea that people have control over their ideas (Free Will)
- Recalcitrant: Stubborn distrustful attitude towards authority or big ideas. (As seen through various movements)
The Slides are very large will not show you a preview. You must download them to your computer to view them. They have difficulty opening on your phone.
- Fin De Siecle: Moral and Authoritative belief systems are pushed to the point of extinction